This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

I'm in! Artclectic 2013 art show at University School of Nashville, Oct. 24-27

>> Friday, July 12, 2013

Book artist Katie Gonzalez at Artclectic
Good news! I've recently learned that I've been accepted into the Artclectic art show, Oct. 24 - 27, at the University School of Nashville. This unique four-day show begins with preview parties the first two nights, and then general admission showings over a weekend.

I participated last year for the first time, and I found every aspect of the experience rewarding. Because the show is hosted at a K-12 school, organizers emphasize art education. Last fall, I taught a bookbinding workshop to a class. And then I answered many questions from inquisitive students when they got their advanced showing of the entire show.

As you can see below, the show has an interesting look and feel. Every artist gets assistance from carpenters to build hanging displays. I'd never shown my work in quite this way.

linenlaid&felt Artclectic art show

I'll share more information about Artclectic as the show approaches. In the meantime, you can learn about the show at these two sites: on the web and on Facebook.

And I want to share photos from last fall. I was just too busy to get them posted at the time, but three favorites follow below, and you can find dozens more at this Facebook album: Artclectic 2012 Photos

Genie Maples paintings
Genie Maples | website
Melodie Grace pottery artist birds
Melodie Grace | website
Lesley Patterson Marx artist ephemera printmaker
Lesley Patterson-Marx | website

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP