This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

A wedding book with mad lib messages

>> Saturday, November 30, 2013

stab binding mad libs book by Katie Gonzalez of linenlaid&felt

wedding mad libs book by Katie Gonzalez of linenlaid&felt
Mad libs aren't just for road trip amusement anymore. I love how this couple pulled off this idea, asking their guests to fill in mad lib sentences about their marriage. They asked me to bind the mad libs together in a book.

To preserve each card, I knew the Japanese stab binding stitch would be the best. I added tabs of matching paper to the top of each mad lib sheet, allowing me to complete the binding by sewing through those added tabs instead of piercing through any of the text. This type of binding is also best for binding single sheets of paper together (rather than folded signatures of paper). And as you can see below, the binding allows for easy flipping through all of the writings. I was happy to take this couple's cues to create this expressive wedding guest book.

Japanese stab binding thread close up picture from linenlaid&felt
wedding book Japanese binding by book artist Katie Gonzalez

1 comments:

Anonymous April 7, 2014 at 4:32 PM  

Hi! Can you provide the tools you used? This is exactly what i've been looking for for my wedding madlibs.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP